The Dominican Republic is one of the Caribbean’s most visited islands, well known as a quick and tropical getaway. It’s no surprise, with its rich heritage and history, while also being regarded as a top spot for golf and for recharging on its beautiful beaches. As such, there are just as many reasons to hang out at the fantastic array of all-inclusive resorts as there are to jump in a local taxi or tour bus and discover everything else this lush destination has to offer.
Five Reasons to Stay On Your Resort:
– Spa-ahhh. Most resorts offer high-end spas for pampering after a hard day on the beach. Try out a couples treatment, a beachside massage, or just a relaxing steam and hot tub. A quiet mini-getaway (from the kids, or maybe each other) without stepping outside the resort.
– Move it! Stay or get active with on-site sports and activities. Most resorts have a complete gym with scheduled classes, water sports and more. Water sports can include sailing, kayaking, windsurfing, snorkeling, scuba diving and more. Kids clubs are often included and help to get the kids active in child-friendly ways…giving Mom and Dad more time to get active themselves, or book that extra spa treatment.
– Fore, Play! The island is famous for its stunning golf courses, but you don’t have to leave the resort to find a world-class round. The five-star adults only Iberostar Grand Hotel Bávaro offers golf packages included in your stay.
– Indulge! All inclusives have upped their game and the variety and quality of the food available is usually on level with the rating of the resort itself. Often a higher end restaurant can be accessed with a modest upgrade fee as well. Alcoholic drinks are also included and plentiful. A quick walk home from across the resort beats driving home any day.
– Bend It! Long known for its “Circus” feature (flying trapeze), Club Med in Punta Cana has just launched its new “Creactive” feature, in partnership with world-renowned Cirque du Soleil. Guests have the opportunity to learn and play with real Cirque artists in this unique and all-inclusive activity.